Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune, 20696
Get expert instruction and hands-on practice configuring and managing clients and devices by using Microsoft System Center v1511 Configuration Manager, Microsoft Intune, and their associated site systems. In this On Demand course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage software, client health, hardware and software inventory, applications, and integration with Intune. You also will learn how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. Additionally, this course, in conjunction with Microsoft Official Course 20695C, also helps certification candidates prepare for Exam 70-696: Managing Enterprise Devices and Apps.
Jetzt mit Examen mit Retake-Funktion!
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features Configuration Manager and Intune include, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
- Use Configuration Manager to implement Endpoint Protection.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site.
This On Demand course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager and Intune to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications. By using Configuration Manager with Intune, EDAs also can support either domain-joined or non-domain-joined Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scenarios, mobile-device management, and secure data access on common operating-system platforms, such as Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS, and Android.
Before attending this course, students must have working knowledge at the system-administrator level of the following:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
- Course 20697-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10 (Also available as MOC on Demand)
- Course 20697-2: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
- Course 20411: Administering Windows Server® 2012 (Also available as MOC on Demand)
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through hands-on activities, or by attending the following courses:
Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
This module describes the features that Configuration Manager and Intune include, and it details how you can use these solutions to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
Module 2: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
This module explains how to prepare the management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery. Additionally it describes how Configuration Manager interacts with the Microsoft Exchange Server environment to discover and manage mobile devices.
Module 3: Deploying and managing clients
This module explains the supported operating systems and devices, the software requirements, and the different methods for installing the Configuration Manager client. This module also describes some of the default and custom client settings that you can configure. After installing the client software, you can configure the client settings to perform routine management tasks.
Module 4: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
This module describes the inventory collection process. Additionally, it details how to configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use the Asset Intelligence and software metering features.
Module 5: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
This module explains how to identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content that is used for deployments.
Module 6: Deploying and managing applications
This module explains describes the methods for creating, deploying, and managing applications with Configuration Manager. Also it explains how to use the Software Center and the Application Catalog to install available applications and manage deployments on unconventional applications. In addition, it describes how to install Windows 10 apps and virtualized applications.
Module 7: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
This module explains how to use the software updates feature in Configuration Manager to implement an end-to-end management process for the complex task of identifying, deploying, and monitoring software updates to your Configuration Manager clients.
Module 8: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
This module explains how to use Configuration Manager to implement Endpoint Protection.
Module 9: Managing compliance and secure data access
This module explains how to manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
Module 10: Managing operating-system deployments
This module explains how to use Configuration Manager to create a strategy for operating-system deployments.
Module 11: Mobile device management using Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
This module explains how to use manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site. It describes role-based administration, Remote Tools, and the site maintenance tasks that you can manage by using Configuration Manager. Additionally it explains how to back up and recover a Configuration Manager site system
Abschluss & Zertifikate
MS MOC on Demand , online
Experienced professional Trainers from Microsoft.
Wir empfehlen auch...
Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune (MOC20696)
Deploying and Managing Windows 10 in the Enterprise
Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications (MOC20695)
Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications, On Demand 20695
Informationen auf einen Blick
Als PDF herunterladen
TÜV Rheinland Akademie Inhouse
Sie haben Interesse an einer firmeninternen Durchführung dieser Veranstaltung?
Dann kontaktieren Sie uns:
0800 135 355 76
Kein passender Termin?
Rufen Sie uns an oder mailen Sie uns.
0800 135 355 77
Profitieren Sie von unserem exklusiven Kooperations-Angebot mit der Deutschen Bahn.
Finden Sie ein kostengünstiges Hotel in der Nähe Ihrer Veranstaltung.