Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell, On Demand 10962
This On Demand online course provides a follow on training from the OD10961: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell course. It is built on Windows Server 2012 R2 and while it is specifically focused on Windows PowerShell v4.0, is also relevant in v2.0 and v3.0 Windows PowerShell environments.
Expand and build upon the knowledge already acquired in course 10961 and focus on building more scalable and usable Windows PowerShell scripts for use in your organization by building your own Windows PowerShell tools. Learn about areas such as the creation of advanced functions, script modules, advanced parameters attributes and controller scripts. Also learn how to make your scripts more robust by learning about handling script errors and the analysis and debugging Windows PowerShell scripts. The course will also cover the use of Windows PowerShell cmdlets with .NET Framework as well as teaching how to configure your Windows Servers using Desired State Configuration and providing an understanding of Windows PowerShell workflow.
The detailed hands on labs and in depth content and learning will help remove manual tasks that you may currently have to perform as an Administrator, allowing you to make your own Windows PowerShell tools for automated, repeated, accurate management and provisioning of your Windows Server infrastructure.
Details zu MOC On Demand Trainings finden Sie unter den Hinweisen weiter unten.
In dieser MOC on Demand Version ist eine originale MOC Unterlage in digitaler Form enthalten.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create Advanced Functions
- Use Cmdlets and Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
- Write Controller Scripts
- Handle Script Errors
- Use XML Data Files
- Manage Server Configurations by Using Desired State Configuration
- Analyze and Debugging Scripts
- Understand Windows PowerShell Workflow
This course is intended for IT Professionals already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration or already experienced in administering and supporting Application servers and services including applications such as Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL. System, Infrastructure and Application Administrators working in a Windows or Windows hybrid environment will all find this course relevant to their day to day jobs and future career and skills development.
The course is also intended for IT Professionals who want to build upon existing Windows PowerShell knowledge and skill to learn how to build their own tools for broader general use in their organization, using any Microsoft or independent software vendor (ISV) product that supports Windows PowerShell manageability.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows PowerShell or knowledge equivalent to the content covered in course 10961B: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell
- Experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration or already have experience in administering and supporting Application servers and services including applications like Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL.
Creating Advanced FunctionsIn this module students will learn how to parameterize a command into an advanced function. It is designed to teach several key principles in a single logical sequence, by using frequent hands-on exercises to reinforce new skills.
- Converting a Command into an Advanced Function
- Creating a Script Module
- Defining Parameter Attributes and Input Validation
- Writing Functions that use Multiple Objects
- Writing Functions that Accept Pipeline Input
- Producing Complex Function Output
- Documenting Functions by using Content-Based Help
- Supporting -Whatif and -Confirm
- Running Windows PowerShell Commands
- Using Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
- Understanding Controller Scripts
- Writing Controller Scripts that Show a User Interface
- Understanding Error Handling
- Handling Errors in a Script
- Reading, Manipulating and Writing Data in XML
- Understanding Desired State Configuration
- Creating and Deploying a DSC Configuration
- Debugging in Windows PowerShell
- Analyzing and Debugging and Existing Script
- Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow
Lab : Converting a Command into an Advanced Function
Lab : Defining Parameter Attributes and Input Validation
Lab : Writing Functions that use Multiple Objects
Lab : Documenting Functions by using Content-Based Help
Lab : Supporting -Whatif and -Confirm
Lab : Writing Functions that Accept Pipeline Input
Lab : Producing Complex Function Output
Lab : Creating a Script Module
Using Cmdlets and Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShellWindows PowerShell provides commands that accomplish many of the tasks that you will need in a production environment. Sometimes, a command is not available but the .NET Framework provides an alternate means of accomplishing a task. Because Windows PowerShell is built on the .NET Framework, it is able to access those alternate means. In this module, you will learn how to discover and run Windows PowerShell commands, and how to use .NET Framework components from inside Windows PowerShell. These two techniques will provide you with the most flexibility and capability for accomplishing tasks in a production environment.
Lab : Using .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
Writing Controller ScriptsIn this module, students will learn how to combine tools – advanced functions that perform a specific task – and a controller script that provides a user interface or automates a business process.
Lab : Writing Controller Scripts that Display a User Interface
Handling Script ErrorsIn this module, students will learn how to perform basic error handling in scripts. The focus will be about how to add error handling to existing tools, primarily as a time-saving mechanism (instead of having students write new tools). A side benefit of this approach is that it will help build the skills that you must have to analyze and reuse existing code written by someone else.
Lab : Handling Errors in a Script
Using XML Data FilesIn this module, students will learn how to read, manipulate, and write data in XML files. XML files provide a robust, yet straightforward way to store both flat and hierarchical data. XML files are more flexible than CSV, more accessible for small amounts of data than SQL Server, and easier to code against that Excel automation.
Lab : Reading, Manipulating and Writing Data in XML
Managing Server Configurations by Using Desired State ConfigurationIn this module, students will learn how to write Desired State Configuration (DSC) configuration files, deploy those files to servers, and monitor servers configurations.
Lab : Creating and Deploying a DSC Configuration
Analyzing and Debugging ScriptsIn this module, students will learn how to use native Windows PowerShell features to analyze and debug existing scripts. These skills are also useful when students have to debug their own scripts.
Lab : Analyzing and Debugging and Existing Script
Understanding Windows PowerShell WorkflowIn this module, students will learn about the features of the Windows PowerShell Workflow technology.
Abschluss & Zertifikate
MOC On Demand Trainings sind original Microsoft Trainings, in denen Sie zeit- und ortsungebunden lernen können.
Diese Trainings enthalten:
- Zugang zum offiziellen Microsoft Video on Demand Kurs für 90 Tage ab dem ersten Zugriff.
- Einen Lab-Online-Zugang für praktische Übungen, der ab Kauf 6 Monate gültig ist.
- Eine originale MOC Schulungsunterlage in digitaler Form, wie sie auch in den Live-Trainings eingesetzt wird.
Weitere Details entnehmen Sie unserer MOC On Demand Landingpage unter www.tuv.com/Microsoft
Experienced professional Trainers straight from the market for your benefit.
Informationen auf einen Blick
Als PDF herunterladen
TÜV Rheinland Akademie Inhouse
Sie haben Interesse an einer firmeninternen Durchführung dieser Veranstaltung?
Dann kontaktieren Sie uns:
0800 135 355 76
Kein passender Termin?
Rufen Sie uns an oder mailen Sie uns.
0800 135 355 77
Profitieren Sie von unserem exklusiven Kooperations-Angebot mit der Deutschen Bahn.
Finden Sie ein kostengünstiges Hotel in der Nähe Ihrer Veranstaltung.