Red Hat Security and Server Hardening with Exam (EX413)
Red Hat® Server Hardening builds on a student's Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience to teach how to secure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux® system to comply with security policy requirements. Many security policies and standards require systems administrators to address specific user authentication concerns, application of updates, system auditing and logging, file system integrity, and more. Red Hat Server Hardening provides strategies for addressing specific policy and configuration concerns.This version of the course also includes the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening Exam.Course content summary
Review errata and apply them to Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Use special permissions and file system access control lists. Manage users and password-aging policy requirements. Install and configure Red Hat Identity Management tools. Understand system auditing.
- Needs technical guidance on how to enhance the security of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Responsible for implementing security policy requirements on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems consistently and in a reproducible, scalable way
- Must be able to demonstrate that systems meet security policy requirements
- Maintains continued adherence to security requirements, including management of seurity-critical operating system/software updates
- RHCE-level skills highly recommended
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification, or equivalent experience required.
- Track security updates
- Manage software updates
- Create file systems
- Manage file systems
- Manage special permissions
- Manage additional file access controls
- Monitor for file system changes
- Manage user accounts
- Manage pluggable authentication modules (PAMs)
- Secure console access
- Install central authentication
- Manage central authentication
- Configure system logging
- Configure system auditing
- Control access to network services
Understand how Red Hat Enterprise Linux produces updates and how to use yum to perform queries to identify what errata are available.
Develop a process for applying updates to systems including verifying properties of the update.
Allocate an advanced file system layout and use file system encryption.
Adjust file system properties through security related options and file system attributes.
Work with set user ID (SUID), set group ID (SGID), and sticky (SVTX) permissions and locate files with these permissions enabled.
Modify default permissions applied to files and directories; work with file access control lists.
Configure software to monitor the files on your machine for changes.
Set password-aging properties for users; audit user accounts.
Apply changes to PAMs to enforce different types of rules on users.
Adjust properties for various console services to enable or disable settings based on security.
Install and configure a Red Hat Identity Management server and client.
Configure Red Hat Identity Management rules to control both user access to client systems and additional privileges granted to users on those systems.
Configure remote logging to use transport layer encryption and manage additional logs generated by remote systems.
Enable and configure system auditing.
Manage firewall rules to limit connectivity to network services.
Abschluss & Zertifikate
Experienced professional Trainers straight from the market for your benefit.
Informationen auf einen Blick
Als PDF herunterladen
TÜV Rheinland Akademie Inhouse
Sie haben Interesse an einer firmeninternen Durchführung dieser Veranstaltung?
Dann kontaktieren Sie uns:
0800 135 355 76
Kein passender Termin?
Rufen Sie uns an oder mailen Sie uns.
0800 135 355 77
Finden Sie ein kostengünstiges Hotel in der Nähe Ihrer Veranstaltung.