VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6]
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale is designed for experienced VMware vSphere® users. It teaches advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you will configure and optimize the vSphere features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure and discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. Anyone who is ready to take their understanding of vSphere to a deeper level and learn how to use advanced features and controls will greatly benefit from this course.
The course is based on VMware ESXi 6 and VMware vCenter Server 6.
Note: This course is based on beta software. Configure and manage ESXi networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterpriseManage changes to the vSphere environmentOptimize the performance of all vSphere componentsHarden the vSphere environment against security threatsTroubleshoot operational faults and identify their root causesUse VMware vSphere® ESXi Shell and VMware vSphere® Management Assistant to manage vSphereUse VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy to provision ESXi hosts
- Experienced system administrators
- Systems engineers
- System integrators
Completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [5.5 or 6]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track
Or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
Experience working at the command prompt is highly recommended.
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Additional resources
- Understand the purpose of VMware vSphere® Command-Line Interface commands
- Discuss options for running vSphere CLI commands
- Deploy and configure vSphere Management Assistant
- Use vmware-cmd for virtual machine operations
- Describe the features and benefits of the Platform Services Controller
- Configure ESXi host access and authorization
- Secure ESXi, vCenter Server, and virtual machines
- Review the vSphere performance troubleshooting methodology
- Explain software and hardware virtualization techniques and their effects on performance
- Use vSphere performance monitoring tools
- Create, configure, and manage vSphere distributed switches
- Migrate virtual machines from standard switches to distributed switches
- Explain distributed switch features such as port mirroring, LACP, QoS tagging, and NetFlow
- Explain the performance features of network adapters
- Explain the performance features of vSphere networking
- Monitor key network performance metrics
- Use vSphere Management Assistant to manage virtual network configurations
- Troubleshoot common network performance problems
- Explain vSphere storage APIs for array integration and storage awareness
- Configure and assign virtual machine storage policies
- Configure VMware vSphere® Storage DRS and VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Control
- Create and use virtual volumes in vSphere
- Diagnose storage access problems
- Configure VMware vSphere® Flash Read Cache
- Monitor key storage performance metrics
- Troubleshoot common storage performance problems
- Explain the CPU scheduler operation, NUMA support, and other features that affect CPU performance
- Monitor key CPU performance metrics
- Troubleshoot common CPU performance problems
- Explain ballooning, memory compression, and host swapping techniques for memory reclamation when memory is overcommitted
- Monitor key memory performance metrics
- Troubleshoot common memory performance problems
- Describe guidelines for optimizing virtual machine configuration
- Discuss how vGPU usage affects virtual machine performance
- Discuss guidelines for using resource allocation settings
- Discuss guidelines for using resource pools
- Discuss guidelines for using vSphere DRS clusters
- Troubleshoot common vSphere cluster problems
- Describe and use host profiles
- Define and use content libraries
- Upgrade ESXi and vCenter Server instances
- Use VMware vSphere® PowerCLI
- Use Virtual Machine Converter
- Use VMware vSphere® ESXi Image Builder CLI and vSphere Auto Deploy
VMware Management Resources
Performance in a Virtualized Environment
Network Performance Troubleshooting
Virtual Machine and Cluster Optimization
Host and Management Scalability
Abschluss & Zertifikate
Experienced professional Trainers straight from the market for your benefit.
Wir empfehlen auch...
VEEAM Backup und Replication Praxis -Workshop
VMware vSphere: Design and Deploy Fast Track (V6)
VMware vSphere: Fast Track (V6.5)
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (V6.5).
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6]
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale (V6.5).
VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting Workshop (V6.5)
VMware vSphere: What's New (V5.5 to V6.5).
VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.5 to V6]
Informationen auf einen Blick
Als PDF herunterladen
TÜV Rheinland Akademie Inhouse
Sie haben Interesse an einer firmeninternen Durchführung dieser Veranstaltung?
Dann kontaktieren Sie uns:
0800 135 355 76
Kein passender Termin?
Rufen Sie uns an oder mailen Sie uns.
0800 135 355 77
Profitieren Sie von unserem exklusiven Kooperations-Angebot mit der Deutschen Bahn.
Finden Sie ein kostengünstiges Hotel in der Nähe Ihrer Veranstaltung.