Module 1: Data Platform Architecture Considerations
In this module, the students will learn how to design and build secure, scalable, and performant solutions in Azure by examining the core principles found in every good architecture. They will learn how using key principles throughout architecture, regardless of technology choice, can help you design, build, and continuously improve the architecture for an organization's benefit.
- Core Principles of Creating Architectures
- Design with Security in Mind
- Performance and Scalability
- Design for Availability and Recoverability
- Design for Efficiency and Operations
- Case Study
Module 2: Azure Batch Processing Reference Architectures
In this module, students will learn the reference design and architecture patterns for dealing with the batch processing of data. The student will be exposed to dealing with the movement of data from on-premises systems into a cloud data warehouse and how it can be automated. The students will also be exposed to an AI architecture and how the data platform can integrate with an AI solution.
- Lambda Architectures from a Batch Mode Perspective
- Design an Enterprise BI solution in Azure
- Automate Enterprise BI solutions in Azure
- Architect an Enterprise-grade Conversational Bot in Azure
Module 3: Azure Real-Time Reference Architectures
In this module, the students will learn the reference design and architecture patterns for dealing with streaming data. They will learn how streaming data can be ingested by Event Hubs and Stream Analytics to deliver real-time analysis of data. They will also explore a data science architecture that streams data into Azure Databricks to perform trend analysis. They will finally learn how an Internet of Things (IoT) architecture will require data platform technologies to store data.
- Describe Lambda Architectures for a Real-Time Perspective
- Architect a Stream Processing Pipeline with Azure Stream Analytics
- Design a Stream Processing Pipeline with Azure Databricks
- Create an Azure IoT Reference Architecture
Module 4: Data Platform Security Design Considerations
In this module, the students will learn how to incorporate security into an architecture design and learn the key decision points in Azure provided to help create a secure environment through all the layers of architecture.
- Defense in Depth Security Approach
- Identity Management
- Infrastructure Protection
- Encryption Usage
- Network Level Protection
- Application Security
Module 5: Designing for Resiliency and Scale
In this module, students will learn scaling services to handle load. They will learn how identifying network bottlenecks and optimizing storage performance are important to ensure users have the best experience. They will also learn how to handle infrastructure and service failure, recover from the loss of data, and recover from a disaster by designing availability and recoverability into the architecture.
- Adjust Workload Capacity by Scaling
- Optimize Network Performance
- Design for Optimized Storage and Database Performance
- Identify Performance Bottlenecks
- Design a Highly Available Solution
- Incorporate Disaster Recovery into Architectures
- Design Backup and Restore Strategies
Module 6: Design for Efficiency and Operations
In this module, students will learn how to design an Azure architecture that is operationally-efficient and minimizes costs by reducing spend and they will understand how to design architectures that eliminate waste and