Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10, On Demand 10982
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. These skills include understanding of Windows 10 features, how they can be used in an Active Directory environment and how to troubleshoot them.
In dieser MOC on Demand Version ist eine originale MOC Unterlage in digitaler Form enthalten.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 10.
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 10 PC.
- Resolve issues related to hardware devices and device drivers.
- Troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs remotely.
- Troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot client configuration failures and GPO application issues.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are domain-joined.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are not domain-joined.
- Troubleshoot issues related to application installation and operation.
Recover a PC running Windows 10.
The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST), who provides Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 personal computers (PCs) and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment. EDSTs focus on a broad range of technical issues for Windows operating systems (OSs), devices, cloud services, applications, networking, and hardware support. In the overarching scenario, if an Enterprise offers the service, the EDST is asked to support it.
The key responsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows 10 installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings; and device synchronization. Some other key responsibilities include local and remote network access; access to applications, access to data and printers; authentication, Endpoint security and policy; OS and data recovery.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 fundamentals.
- Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, experience with Windows 10 or knowledge from the courses 20697-1 and 20697-2.
Implementing a Troubleshooting MethodologyThis module explains how to describe the processes involved in establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology. Module also covers various Windows 10 fundamentals, high level architecture and often used troubleshooting tools.
- Overview of Windows 10
- Introduction to the EDST Job Role
- Overview of the Troubleshooting Steps
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Overview of the Windows 10 Startup Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting Startup Settings
- Troubleshooting Operating System Services Issues
- Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Monitoring Reliability
- Configuring the Registry
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Troubleshooting Name Resolution
- Overview of Group Policy Application
- Resolving Client Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
- Troubleshooting Sign In Issues
- Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
- Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess
- Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
- Recovering Files Encrypted by EFS
- Troubleshooting Printer Access Issues
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Device Registration
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
- Configuring and Troubleshooting OneDrive Access
- Troubleshooting Desktop App Installation Issues
- Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Managing Windows Store Apps
- Troubleshooting Access to Company Web Applications
- Managing and Troubleshooting Windows Activation
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Computer Performance
- Applying Applications and Windows Updates
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Recovering an Operating System
Lab : Using Troubleshooting Tools
Lab : Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
Troubleshooting Startup Issues This module describes how to identify and troubleshoot issues that affect the Windows 10 operating systems ability to start, and how to identify problematic services that run on the operating system. It also describes how to use the Windows 10 advanced troubleshooting tools, collectively known as the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).
Lab : Troubleshooting Startup Issues
Lab : Recovering BitLocker-Encrypted Drives
Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers This module explains how to support users that utilize a multitude of devices that run Windows 10. It will also describe how an operating system uses device drivers, and how you can troubleshoot hardware devices and device drivers. The module also covers how to monitor the reliability of a Windows 10 device and troubleshoot any issue that might occur.
Lab : Troubleshooting Device Driver Issues
Lab : Troubleshooting Hardware Issues
Troubleshooting Remote Computers This module explores three ways in which you can remotely connect to and manage remote computers: Remote Desktop, Windows Remote Assistance, and Windows PowerShell remoting.
Lab : Troubleshooting Remote Computer by using Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance
Lab : Troubleshooting Remote Computer by Using Windows PowerShell
Resolving Network Connectivity Issues. This module explains the tools that you can use to set up and troubleshoot both wired and wireless network connections more efficiently. This module also explains how to support your organizations network infrastructure, and how to use these tools to configure and troubleshoot network connections.
Lab : Resolving Network Connectivity Issues
Troubleshooting Group PolicyThis module provides an overview of the Group Policy application and describes how to resolve issues in client configuration GPO application.
Lab : Troubleshooting Group Policy Application Issues
Lab : Resolving Group Policy Issues
Troubleshooting User SettingsIn this module, you will examine issues that can occur when users sign in, and you will also learn about how to troubleshoot the application of user settings.
Lab : Troubleshooting Sign in Problems
Lab : bleshooting the Application of User Settings
Troubleshooting Remote ConnectivityThis module explains these technologies, describes common problems with their implementation and usage, and provides several possible mitigations for those problems.
Lab : Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity
Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting DirectAccess
Troubleshooting Resource Access Within a Domain. This module explains how to resolve problems of resource access from computers that are domain members. It explains how to troubleshoot file permission issues, encrypting file system (EFS) and printer access issues.
Lab : Troubleshooting File Access Issues
Lab : Troubleshooting Printer Issues
Lab : Troubleshooting Access to Encrypted Files
Troubleshooting Resource Access for Non Domain Member Clients. This module explains how to enable students to resolve problems of resource access from computers that are not domain-joined.
Lab : Troubleshooting Resource Access for Clients that are not Domain Members
Troubleshooting Applications This module examines the issues, including application compatibility issues that affect a users ability to install and run these two types of applications. This module also covers how users can resolve web browser related issues, specifically issues associated with both Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Lab : Troubleshooting Access to Company Web Applications
Lab : Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
Maintaining Windows 10 This module discusses how to provide for the ongoing maintenance of Windows 10 operating systems.
Lab : Monitoring and Troubleshooting Performance
Recovering Data and Operating System This module explains how to use file recovery and troubleshoot deleted files. It also covers how to recover a Windows 10 computer.
Lab : Recovering Data
Lab : Provisioning Computer to Comply with Company Standards
Abschluss & Zertifikate
Experienced professional Trainers straight from the market for your benefit.
Informationen auf einen Blick
Als PDF herunterladen
TÜV Rheinland Akademie Inhouse
Sie haben Interesse an einer firmeninternen Durchführung dieser Veranstaltung?
Dann kontaktieren Sie uns:
0800 135 355 76
Kein passender Termin?
Rufen Sie uns an oder mailen Sie uns.
0800 135 355 77
Profitieren Sie von unserem exklusiven Kooperations-Angebot mit der Deutschen Bahn.
Finden Sie ein kostengünstiges Hotel in der Nähe Ihrer Veranstaltung.