IT Service Management with System Center Service Manager, On Demand 10965
This On Demand online course provides students with the key knowledge required to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager.
Details zu MOC On Demand Trainings finden Sie unter den Hinweisen weiter unten.
In dieser MOC on Demand Version ist eine original MOC Unterlage in digitaler Form enthalten.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Install Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Describe Service Manager usage cases.
- Configure base settings in Service Manager 2012 R2.
- Configure Incident and Problem Management.
- Configure Activity, Change, and Release Management.
- Configure and Manage Service Requests.
- Automate business processes with Service Manager and Orchestrator.
- Configure Service Level Management.
- Customize The Self-Service Portal.
- Use Reports and Analyze Data in Service Manager.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and disaster recovery in Service Manager.
- Customize Service Manager Forms.
This course is intended for cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. This course is also intended for Cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Service Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
- An understanding of the IT management processes that are included with ITIL and MOF.
Module 1: Service Management Overview
In this module you will learn many of the ITIL and MOF best practices and procedures in delivering effective IT Service Management and how System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager can be used to implement them in your organization.
- Business Drivers Behind IT Service Management
- Introduction to Microsoft System Center 2012 R2
- System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Overview and Key Features
- Adopting ITIL/MOF Best Practices with Service Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Architecture and Core Components
- Hardware, Software and Security Requirements
- Planning and Sizing a System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Deployment
- Installing System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- Installing and Configuring the Service Manager Self-Service Portal
- Overview of the Service Manager Console
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 Service Manager
Module 3: Key Concepts and Features In this module, you will learn many of the key features and concepts that will help you understand how to configure important functions in Service Manager.
- Overview of Management Packs
- Overview of the Service Manager CMDB
- Managing Activities
- Managing Workflows
- Managing Templates
- Security and User Roles
Module 4: Configuring Service Manager For Your Environment In this module you will learn some of the key configuration tasks that should be performed in Service Manager in order to customize it for your environment.
- System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Initial Configuration
- Configuring Business Services
- Configuring Access for your Support Teams
- Configuring Notifications
Module 5: Integrating Service Manager with the Hybrid Cloud In addition to the Active Directory and System Center Connectors and Exchange Connector can also be installed in Service Manager to provide integration with Microsoft Exchange Server and allow features such as creating an Incident from an email to be performed. It is important that you understand how to configure these Connectors so that important information relating to your IT environment can be represented in Service Manager appropriately.
- Integrating Service Manager with Active Directory and other System Center Components
- Integrating Service Manager with Exchange
Module 6: Managing Incidents and Problems In this module you will learn how to differentiate an issue that occurs in the IT environment between an Incident and a Problem. You will also learn how to configure Incidents and Problems which includes creating Templates that can be used to auto-populate Incident forms. Finally you will learn how Service Manager Queues and Views can be created to filter Incidents and Problems. These can then be used when configuring User Roles to restrict what Incidents and Problems analysts can view and work on in the Service Manager Console.
- The Definition of an Incident and a Problem
- Managing Incidents
- Managing Problems
- Using Queues and Views with Incidents and Problems
Module 7: Managing Changes and Releases In this module you will learn how Service Manager manages changes in the IT environment by using Change Requests. This includes creating and managing Activities such as Review Activities that are used to approve or reject changes. You will also learn how Release Records are used to group, schedule and develop approved changes.
- Managing Change Requests
- Managing Release Records
Module 8: Configuring and Managing the Service Catalog In this module you will learn all aspects of Service Request fulfillment within Service Manager with the exception of Service Level Management which is covered in Module 10.
- The Service Catalog, Request Offerings and Service Offerings
- Managing Service Requests and Catalog Groups
- The Self-Service Portal
Module 9: Automating Business Processes with Orchestrator In this module you will learn how Orchestrator and Service Manager can be used to automate business processes.
- Overview of Orchestrator
- Configuring Runbooks in Orchestrator
- Configuring Integration between Orchestrator and Service Manager
- Creating a Request Offering in Service Manager to Initiate a Runbook in Orchestrator
Module 10: Configuring Service Level Management In this module you will learn how Service Level Management is implemented in Service Manager.
- Configuring Service Level Management
- Viewing Service Level Agreement (SLA) Information in Service Manager
Module 11: Using Reports and Analyzing Data in Service Manager In this module you will learn how to run reports in Service Manager including how to manage and maintain the data warehouse jobs and cubes on which reports rely on. Additionally you will learn how to perform advanced analytics on cube data by using Excel and SharePoint.
- Running Reports in System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- Configuring and Running Data Warehouse Jobs
- Troubleshooting failed Data Warehouse Jobs
- Data Warehouse Cubes
Module 12: Advanced Troubleshooting and Disaster Recovery In this module you will learn some of the advances troubleshooting techniques that are used to resolve problems in Service Manager You will also learn how to perform disaster recovery for failed Service Manager components such as the Service Manager databases.
- Performing Advanced Troubleshooting in Service Manager
- Performing Disaster Recovery in Service Manager
Module 13: Creating Forms and Items in Service Manager Using the Service Manager Authoring Tool In this final module, you will learn how to use the Service Manager Authoring Tool to create new and customized forms in Service Manager.
- Key Concepts in Creating and Customizing Forms in the Service Manager Authoring Tool
- Creating New and Customized Forms by Using the Service Manager Authoring Tool
Abschluss & Zertifikate
MOC On Demand Trainings sind original Microsoft Trainings, in denen Sie zeit- und ortsungebunden lernen können. Diese Trainings enthalten:
- Zugang zum offiziellen Microsoft Video on Demand Kurs für 90 Tage ab dem ersten Zugriff.
- Einen Lab-Online-Zugang für praktische Übungen, der ab Kauf 6 Monate gültig ist.
- Eine originale MOC Schulungsunterlage in digitaler Form, wie sie auch in den Live-Trainings eingesetzt wird.
Experienced professional Trainers straight from the market for your benefit.
Informationen auf einen Blick
Als PDF herunterladen
Seminare, die im Zeitraum vom 09.04.2020 bis 31.08.2020 gebucht werden, können kostenfrei umgebucht werden. Erfahren Sie hier mehr dazu!
Inhouse-Seminare / Veranstaltungen
- Maßgeschneidert für Sie
- Vor Ort für mehrere Mitarbeiter
- Zeit & Reisekosten sparen
Kein passender Termin?
Finden Sie das passende Hotel zu Ihrer Weiterbildung und nutzen Sie die Sonderkonditionen unserer Partnerhotels. Weitere Infos erhalten Sie bei Einladung.