Module 1: SharePoint as a Developer Platform
This module examines different approaches that can be used to develop applications with SharePoint Server 2013 the scenarios in which each approach might be appropriate.
- Introducing the SharePoint Developer Landscape
- Choosing Approaches to SharePoint Development
- Understanding SharePoint 2013 Deployment and Execution Models
Lab : Comparing Web Parts and App Parts
Module 2: Working with SharePoint Objects
This module introduces the server-side SharePoint object model and how the core classes relate to sites and collections. The server-side SharePoint object model provides a core set of classes that represent different items in the logical architecture of a SharePoint deployment. Students also learn how manage permissions for server-side code.
- Understanding the SharePoint Object Hierarchy
- Working with Sites and Webs
- Working with Execution Contexts
Lab : Working with Sites and Webs
Lab : Working with Execution Contexts
Module 3: Working with Lists and Libraries
This module explains how to interact with lists and libraries. Students learn about how to work with lists and libraries programmatically using the server-side SharePoint object model and how to use query classes and LINQ to SharePoint to query and retrieve data from SharePoint lists. Student also learn how to efficiently work with lists that contain large numbers of items.
- Querying and Retrieving List Data
- Working with Large Lists
Lab : Querying and Retrieving List Data
Lab : Working with Large Lists
Module 4: Designing and Managing Features and Solutions
This module examines creating and deploying custom Developing a SharePoint solutions and features. The students also learn how and when to use sandbox solutions.
- Understanding Features and Solutions
- Configuring Features and Solutions
- Working with Sandboxed Solutions
Lab : Working with Features and Solutions
Module 5: Working with Server-Side Code
This module describes how to develop and deploy Web Parts and event receivers in a solution.
- Developing Web Parts
- Using Event Receivers
- Using Timer Jobs
- Storing Configuration Data
Lab : Working with Server-Side Code
Module 6: Managing Identity and Permissions
This module describes how manage permissions through code and customize authentication using custom claims providers.
- Understanding Identity Management in SharePoint 2013
- Managing Permissions in SharePoint 2013
- Configuring Forms-Based Authentication
- Customizing the Authentication Experience
Lab : Managing Permissions Programmatically in SharePoint 2013
Lab : Creating and Deploying a Custom Claims Provider
Module 7: Introducing Apps for SharePoint
This module introduces the SharePoint App, a new way to customize SharePoint functionality with SharePoint Server 2013.
- Overview of Apps for SharePoint
- Developing Apps for SharePoint
Lab : Creating a Site Suggestions App
Module 8: Client-Side SharePoint Development
- Using the Client-Side Object Model for Managed Code
Lab : Using the Client-Side Object Model for Managed Code
Module 9: Developing Remote Hosted SharePoint Apps
This module examines the difference between provider hosted Apps and Remote