Module 1: Installing Windows 10
This module describes the features of Windows 10 and the process for installing and deploying it. The module also describes how to upgrade to Windows 10, perform post-installation maintenance tasks, and manage volume activation.
- Overview of Windows 10
- Planning your Windows 10 deployment
- Installing and deploying Windows 10
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Windows 10 installation maintenance
- Managing volume activation
Lab : Upgrading to Windows 10
- Migrating user settings
- Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (optional)
Lab : Maintaining a Windows 10 installation with Windows ICD
- Create and configure a Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (Windows ICD) provisioning package
Module 2: Performing post-installation configuration
This module provides an overview of the management tools in Windows 10. It describes how to customize the user interface, manage devices, drivers, and services, and configure several other features. The module also provides an overview of Client Hyper-V.
- Overview of management tools
- Customizing the user interface
- Managing devices, device drivers, and services
- Configuring features, mobility, and power options
- Overview of Client Hyper-V
Lab : Managing devices
- Install a device driver
- Resolving the device driver problem
Lab : Configuring features and power options
- Turning on Windows features with Control Panel
- Managing installed Windows features
- Configuring power options
Module 3: Implementing networking
This module describes the homegroups, workgroups, and domains feature in Windows 10. It also describes how to configure IPv4 and IPv6 network connectivity, and how to implement name resolution. Additionally, the module describes how to troubleshoot network connectivity and implement wireless network connectivity.
- Homegroups, workgroups, and domains
- Configuring IPv4 network connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 network connectivity
- Implementing name resolution
- Troubleshooting network connectivity
- Implementing wireless network connectivity
Lab : Implementing network connections
Lab : Troubleshooting network connections
Module 4: Implementing network security
This module describes how to implement network security by using the Windows 10 features such as Windows Firewall, connection security rules, and Windows Defender.
- Implementing Windows Firewall
- Connection security rules
- Implementing Windows Defender
Lab : Implementing network security
Module 5: Managing Windows 10 with Group Policy
This module describes how to implement the Group Policy feature in Windows 10. The module also explains how you can configure Windows 10 devices by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Overview of Group Policy
- Configuring Windows 10 devices with GPOs
Lab : Describe Windows Firewall.
Module 6: Implementing remote management
This module describes how to implement remote management by using Windows 10 features such as Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, and remoting with Windows PowerShell.
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
Lab : Implementing remote management
Module 7: Managing storage
This module describes how to manage storage in Windows 10 devices by using the available storage options. It also explains how to manage and maintain disks, partitions, and volumes. The modules then describes how you can use the Storage Spaces feature, Microsoft OneDrive, and virtual hard disks to manage storage.