Module 1: Understanding and Installing Internet Information Services
In this module, you will learn about the infrastructure prerequisites for using Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.5. Students will also learn about the high-level architecture of IIS, and will learn to perform a basic installation and configuration of IIS.
- Understanding a Web Server infrastructure
- Installing Internet Information Services
Lab : Installing Internet Information Services
Module 2: Configuring The Default Website
In this module students will learn to plan and implement network requirements for a public website. Students will configure Domain Name Service (DNS) records to support access to both internal and public websites, and create virtual directories and application folders for additional website content.
- Examining the Default Website Using IIS Manager
- Examining the Default IIS File Structure
- Configuring DNS Records for a Website
- Creating Folders, Virtual Directories, and Applications
Lab : Configuring the Default Website for Public Access
Lab : Creating Virtual Directories and Applications
Module 3: Configuring and Managing Application Pools
In this module students will learn the benefits to the application pool architecture. Students will create and configure application pools to support additional applications and configure application pool recycle settings. Students will perform recycle events and examine the event logs for recycle events.
- Defining the Application Pool Architecture
- Creating and Managing Application Pools
- Configuring Application Pool Recycling
Lab : Configuring and Managing Application Pools
Lab : Configuring Application Pool Recycling
Module 4: Creating Additional Websites
In this module students will learn how to examine and create new websites using unique bindings to avoid naming conflicts. Students will examine existing sites to determine and resolve binding conflicts then create new websites by using unique bindings.
- Understanding Configurations for Multiple Websites
- Configuring Website Bindings
- Creating and Starting Websites
Lab : Examining Existing Websites for Binding Conflicts
Lab : Creating New Websites
Module 5: Configuring Website and Web Application Support
In this module students will learn to support additional application requirements including common configuration settings, platform support from the built-in web server, and include additional application support by using the Web Platform Installer.
- Configuring Common Features
- Configuring Support for Web Applications
Lab : Configuring Common Features
Lab : Configuring Support for Web Applications
Module 6: Securing Websites and Applications
In this module students will learn to secure internal and public websites for users and groups by using the built-in Windows and Basic authentication. Students will configure file system permissions for specific users and groups and secure a website using URL Authorization Rules.
- Understanding IIS Authentication and Authorization
- Configuring Authentication and Authorization
- Configuring URL Authorization Rules
Lab : Configuring Authentication and Access
Lab : Configuring URL Authorization Rules
Module 7: Securing Website Data Transmission
In this module students will protect customer data using websites configured for SSL. Students will install and configure PKI certificates on a web server, create secured bindings, and verify that a website data transmissions are secured.
- Understanding Certificates and SSL
- Creating and M