Module 1: Introduction to Azure
This module introduces cloud solutions in general and then focuses on the services that Azure offers. The module goes on to describe the portals that you can use to manage Azure subscriptions and services before introducing Windows PowerShell as a scripting solution for managing Azure. Finally, the module provides explanations and guidance for the use of Azure Resource Manager and Azure management services.
- Cloud technology overview
- Overview of Azure
- Managing Azure with the Azure portal
- Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
- Overview of Azure Resource Manager
- Azure management services
Lab : Managing Microsoft Azure
Module 2: Implementing and managing Azure networking
This module explains how virtual networking provides the glue that brings together VMs, web apps, and storage to enable you to publish a service onto the Internet.
- Overview of Azure networking
- Implementing and managing Azure virtual networks
- Configuring Azure virtual networks
- Configuring Azure virtual network connectivity
- Overview of Azure networking in an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) version 1 (v1)
Lab : Using a deployment template to implement Azure virtual networks
Lab : Configuring connectivity between the IaaS v1 and IaaS version 2 (v2)
Module 3: Implementing virtual machines
This module explains how to implement virtual machines.
- Overview of IaaS v2 virtual machines
- Planning for Azure virtual machines
- Deploying Azure IaaS v2 virtual machines
- Authoring Azure Resource Manager templates
- Overview of IaaS v1 virtual machines
Lab : Creating IaaS v2 virtual machines in Azure
Lab : Deploying IaaS v2 virtual machines by using Azure Resource Manager templates
Module 4: Managing virtual machines
This module explains how to manage virtual machines.
- Configuring virtual machines
- Configuring virtual machine disks
- Managing and monitoring Azure virtual machines
- Managing IaaS v1 virtual machines
Lab : Managing Azure virtual machines
Module 5: Implementing Azure App services
This module explains how to implement Azure Web App services.
- Introduction to App Service
- Planning app deployment in App Service
- Implementing and maintaining web apps
- Configuring web apps
- Monitoring web apps and WebJobs
- Implementing mobile apps
- Traffic Manager
Lab : Implementing websites
Module 6: Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
This module explains how to plan and implement storage, backup, and recovery services.
- Planning storage
- Implementing and managing storage
- Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
- Implementing Azure Backup
- Planning for and implementing Azure Site Recovery
Lab : Planning and implementing storage
Module 7: Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
This module explains how to plan and implement Azure SQL Database.
- Planning and deploying Azure SQL Database
- Implementing and managing Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database security
- Monitoring Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database business continuity
Lab : Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
Module 8: Implementing PaaS cloud services
This module explains how to implement platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services.
- Planning and deploying PaaS cloud services
- Managing and maintaining cloud services
Lab : Implementing Pa