Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012This module covers the installation and initial configuration and management of Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to configure remote management in Windows Server 2012.
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Remote Management for Windows Server 2012 Servers
Lab : Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
This module covers monitoring and maintenance tasks when managing Windows Server 2012. It also explains the options for backup in Windows Server 2012 including Windows Server Backup and Microsoft Online Backup. It also describes server and data recovery options.
- Monitoring Windows Server 2012
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
Lab : Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0This module explains the features and functionality of Windows PowerShell 3.0. It also describes managing Windows Server 2012 servers and AD DS with Windows PowerShell.
- Overview of Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Using Windows PowerShell 3.0 to Manage AD DS
- Managing Servers by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
Lab : Managing Servers Running Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
Managing Storage for Windows Server 2012
This modules describes new storage features in Windows Server 2012 such as data deduplication, thin provisioning and trim storage, File Server Resource Manager, and Resilient File System (ReFS). The module also describes iSCSI and storage spaces as well as how to implement BranchCache.
- New Features in Windows Server 2012 Storage
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring Storage Spaces in Windows Server 2012
- Configuring BranchCache in Windows Server 2012
Lab : Implementing BranchCache
Lab : Managing Storage for Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
Implementing Network Services
This module describes the new features in DNS and DHCP in Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to implement IP Address Management(IPAM) and Network Access Protection (NAP) with VPN, IPsec, DHCP, and 802.1x.
- Implementing DNS and DHCP Enhancements
- Implementing IP Address Management
- NAP Overview
- Implementing NAP
Lab : Implementing Network Services
Implementing DirectAccessThis module describes the new features and functionality with DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to implement and configure various components of DirectAccess such as AD DS and DNS. It also discusses the Name Resolution Policy table (NRPT) and the client-side requirements for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Installing and Configuring DirectAccess Components
Lab : Implementing DirectAccess
Implementing Failover ClusteringThis module describes new features and functionality in Failover Clustering in Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to implement Failover Clustering and how to configure specific server roles in a cluster, such as a File Server. It also explains new maintenance features such as Cluster Aware Updating (CAU).
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly-Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster