Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012, On Demand 20417
Get hands-on instruction and practice configuring and implementing new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is designed for IT professionals who want to upgrade their existing Windows Server technical skills to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. It presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential.
The course covers the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including management, network infrastructure, storage, access control, virtualization, high availability, and identity federation. Specific technologies covered include Windows PowerShell, Storage Spaces and Internet Small Computer System interface (iSCSI), Active Directory, Hyper-V, implementation of Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs, and Web Application Proxy (WAP). The course also covers Failover Clustering, Federation Services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, and Web Application Proxy integration with Federation Services and Workplace Join.
This course is not a product upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2012. Rather, this course will update your existing Windows Server knowledge and skills to Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2.
In dieser MOC on Demand Version ist eine original MOC Unterlage in digitaler Form enthalten.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Manage Windows Server 2012 by using Windows PowerShell®.
- Manage storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement network services.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Implement Failover Clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implementing secure data access for users and devices.
- Implement Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are experienced Windows Server system administrators who are familiar with carrying out day to day Windows Server management and maintenance tasks. The course will update their skill to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Candidates suitable for this course would be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server enterprise environment.
- IT professionals who have obtained the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 , or a qualifying upgradeable certification, details of which are available here, or have equivalent knowledge.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with day-to-day Windows Server system administration, management and maintenance tasks in an Enterprise environment
Note: It is possible to take this course without having the qualifying upgradeable certification once the criteria of equivalent knowledge is met. However, subsequent taking and passing of the 70-417 upgrade exam will not provide the exam taker with the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. This credential upgrade is exclusively for holder the holders of existing qualifying upgradeable certification, details of which are available in the URL listed above.
Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012This module covers the installation and initial configuration and management of Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to configure remote management in Windows Server 2012.
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Remote Management for Windows Server 2012 Servers
- Monitoring Windows Server 2012
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
- Overview of Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Using Windows PowerShell 3.0 to Manage AD DS
- Managing Servers by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
- New Features in Windows Server 2012 Storage
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring Storage Spaces in Windows Server 2012
- Configuring BranchCache in Windows Server 2012
- Implementing DNS and DHCP Enhancements
- Implementing IP Address Management
- NAP Overview
- Implementing NAP
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Installing and Configuring DirectAccess Components
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly-Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
- Configuring Hyper-V Servers
- Configuring Hyper-V Storage
- Configuring Hyper-V Networking
- Configuring Hyper-V Virtual Machines
- Overview of the Integration of Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Overview of Dynamic Access Control
- Planning for a Dynamic Access Control Implementation
- Implementing and Configuring Dynamic Access Control
- Deploying AD DS Domain Controllers
- Configuring AD DS Domain Controllers
- Implementing Service Accounts
- Implementing Group Policy in AD DS
- Maintaining AD DS
- Overview of Active Directory Federation Services
- Deploying Active Directory Federation Services
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business to Business Federation Scenario
Lab : Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
This module covers monitoring and maintenance tasks when managing Windows Server 2012. It also explains the options for backup in Windows Server 2012 including Windows Server Backup and Microsoft Online Backup. It also describes server and data recovery options.
Lab : Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0This module explains the features and functionality of Windows PowerShell 3.0. It also describes managing Windows Server 2012 servers and AD DS with Windows PowerShell.
Lab : Managing Servers Running Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
Managing Storage for Windows Server 2012
This modules describes new storage features in Windows Server 2012 such as data deduplication, thin provisioning and trim storage, File Server Resource Manager, and Resilient File System (ReFS). The module also describes iSCSI and storage spaces as well as how to implement BranchCache.
Lab : Implementing BranchCache
Lab : Managing Storage for Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
Implementing Network Services
This module describes the new features in DNS and DHCP in Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to implement IP Address Management(IPAM) and Network Access Protection (NAP) with VPN, IPsec, DHCP, and 802.1x.
Lab : Implementing Network Services
Implementing DirectAccessThis module describes the new features and functionality with DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to implement and configure various components of DirectAccess such as AD DS and DNS. It also discusses the Name Resolution Policy table (NRPT) and the client-side requirements for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Lab : Implementing DirectAccess
Implementing Failover ClusteringThis module describes new features and functionality in Failover Clustering in Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to implement Failover Clustering and how to configure specific server roles in a cluster, such as a File Server. It also explains new maintenance features such as Cluster Aware Updating (CAU).
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering
This module explains how to configure Hyper-V and Hyper-V storage options in Windows Server 2012. It also describes networking features and various feature options and requirements in Hyper-V 3.0 as well as how to configure virtual machines.
Lab : Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-VThis module explains how to make virtual machines highly available and how to implement virtual machines in a failover cluster deployed on the host. It also explains the movement of virtual machines on virtual machine storage. It also provides a high level overview of System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2012.
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
Implementing Dynamic Access Control
This module explains how to implement Dynamic Access Control (DAC) in Windows Server 2012. It also describes core DAC concepts such as claims, Central Access Rules, and policies and their implementation.
Lab : Implementing Dynamic Access Control
Implementing Active Directory Domain ServicesThis module explains the advanced implementation of Active Directory domain controllers in Windows Server 2012 such as server core deployments, read-only domain controllers (RODCs), and cloning. It also explains domain controller configuration, managed service accounts, Group Policy implementation, and maintenance tasks for AD DS.
Lab : Implementing AD DS
Implementing Active Directory Federation ServicesThis module explains Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and how it can be used to address various organizational and business identity federation services and scenarios. It also describes configuration of prerequisites and the deployment of the AD FS services. It also explain implementing AD FS to enable internal single sign on (SSO) in an organization and implementing AD FS to enable SSO between federated partners.
Lab : Implementing AD FS
Abschluss & Zertifikate
Experienced professional Trainers straight from the market for your benefit.
Informationen auf einen Blick
Als PDF herunterladen
TÜV Rheinland Akademie Inhouse
Sie haben Interesse an einer firmeninternen Durchführung dieser Veranstaltung?
Dann kontaktieren Sie uns:
0800 135 355 76
Kein passender Termin?
Rufen Sie uns an oder mailen Sie uns.
0800 135 355 77
Profitieren Sie von unserem exklusiven Kooperations-Angebot mit der Deutschen Bahn.
Finden Sie ein kostengünstiges Hotel in der Nähe Ihrer Veranstaltung.