Module 1: Understanding the SharePoint Server 2013 Architecture
This module introduces the architectural features that underpin Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, both for on-premises and online deployments. This includes an examination of the features that are new in this version, as well as those that have been removed. This module reviews the basic structural elements of a farm deployment, and the different deployment options that are available in SharePoint 2013.
- Core Components of the SharePoint 2013 Architecture
- New Features in SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint Online Editions
Lab : Reviewing Core SharePoint Concepts
Module 2: Designing Business Continuity Management Strategies
In this regard SharePoint 2013 is no different, and farm administrators should create a disaster recovery plan that states how content and configurations are backed up, how data can be restored, and what backup schedules are required.
- Designing Database Topologies for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Designing SharePoint Infrastructure for High Availability
- Planning for Disaster Recovery
Lab : Planning and Performing Backups and Restores
Module 3: Planning and Implementing a Service Application Architecture
This module reviews the service application architecture, how to map business requirements to design, and the options for enterprise scale, federated service application architectures.
- Planning Service Applications
- Designing and Configuring a Service Application Topology
- Configuring Service Application Federation
Lab : Planning a Service Application Architecture
Lab : Federating Service Applications between SharePoint Server Farms
Module 4: Configuring and Managing Business Connectivity Services
In this module, you will learn how to plan and configure various components of BCS.
- Planning and Configuring Business Connectivity Services
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
- Managing Business Data Connectivity Models
Lab : Configuring BCS and the Secure Store Service
Lab : Managing Business Data Connectivity Models
Module 5: Connecting People
In this module, you will learn about the concepts and ways of connecting people in SharePoint 2013. You will examine user profiles and user profile synchronization, social interaction features and capabilities, and communities and community sites in SharePoint 2013.
- Managing User Profiles
- Enabling Social Interaction
- Building Communities
Lab : Configuring Profile Synchronization and My Sites
Lab : Configuring Community Sites
Module 6: Enabling Productivity and Collaboration
This module examines how SharePoint 2013 extends the ability of users to work collaboratively and increase productivity through seamless integration with external software platforms, additional SharePoint collaboration features, and the provision of flexible tools, with which users can develop their own solutions to business problems.
- Aggregating Tasks
- Planning and Configuring Collaboration Features
- Planning and Configuring Composites
Lab : Configuring Project Sites
Lab : Configuring Workflow
Module 7: Planning and Configuring Business intelligence
In this module you will see how SharePoint 2013 can deliver BI solutions for your business.
- Planning for Business Intelligence
- Planning, Deploying, and Managing Business Intelligence Services
- Planning and Configuring Advanced Analysis Tools
Lab : Configuring Excel Services
Lab : Configuring PowerPivot and Power View for SharePoint
Module 8: P