Module 1: Breach detection and using the Sysinternals tools
In this module, students will learn about breach detection, attack types and vectors, cybercrime, and how you can analyse your systems activity by using the Sysinternals tool suite.
- Overview of breach detection
- Using the Sysinternals tools to detect breaches
Module 2: Protecting credentials and privileged access
This module explains how you can configure user rights and security options, protect credentials by using credential guard, implement privileged-access workstations, and manage and deploy a local administrator-password solution so that you can manage passwords for local administrator accounts.
- Understanding user rights
- Computer and service accounts
- Protecting credentials
- Understanding privileged-access workstations and jump servers
- Deploying a local administrator-password solution
Module 3: Limiting administrator rights with Just Enough Administration
This module explains how to deploy and configure Just Enough Administration (JEA).
- Understanding JEA
- Configuring and deploying JEA
Module 4: Privileged Access Management and administrative forests
This module explains the concepts of Enhanced Security Administrative Environment (ESAE) forests, Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM), and Just In Time (JIT) Administration, or Privileged Access Management.
- Understanding ESAE forests
- Overview of MIM
- Implementing JIT and Privileged Access Management by using MIM
Module 5: Mitigating malware and threats
This module explains how to configure the Windows Defender, AppLocker, and Device Guard features.
- Configuring and managing Windows Defender
- Using software restricting policies (SRPs) and AppLocker
- Configuring and using Device Guard
- Using and deploying the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
Module 6: Analysing activity by using advanced auditing and log analytics
This module explains how to use advanced auditing and Windows PowerShell transcripts.
- Overview of auditing
- Understanding advanced auditing
- Configuring Windows PowerShell auditing and logging
Module 7: Analysing activity with Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics feature and Operations Management Suite
This module explains the Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics tool and the Microsoft Operations Management suite (OMS), and details how you can use them to monitor and analyse the security of a Windows Server deployment.
- Overview of Advanced Threat Analytics
- Understanding OMS
Lab : Advanced Threat Analytics and Operations Management Suite
- Using ATA and OMS
- Preparing and deploying ATA
- Preparing and deploying OMS
Module 8: Securing your virtualization an infrastructure
This module explains how to configure Guarded Fabric virtual machines (VMs), including the requirements for shielded and encryption-supported VMs.
- Overview of Guarded Fabric VMs
- Understanding shielded and encryption-supported VMs
Lab : Deploying and using Guarded Fabric with administrator-trusted attestation and shielded VMs
- Deploying Guarded Fabric VMs with administrator-trusted attestation
- Deploying a shielded VM
Module 9: Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
This module details the Security Compliance Manager, including how you can use it to configure, manage, and deploy baselines. Additionally, students will learn how to deploy and configure Nano Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Windows Server Containers.
- Using Security Compliance Manager