Module 1: Windows Server Administration Overview
This module describes how to distinguish different Windows Server 2019 editions and techniques for deployment, servicing and activation. The module also introduces Windows Server Core and compares it with the Desktop Experience version. The module describes tools and concepts for adminstering Windows Server, such as Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, and delegation of privileges.
- Introducing Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server Core Overview
- Windows Server administration principles and tools overview
Module 2: Identity Services in Windows Server
This module introduces identity services and describes Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a Windows Server environment. The module describes how to deploy domain controllers in AD DS, as well as the Azure Active Directory (AD) and the benefits of integrating Azure AD with AD DS. The module also covers Group Policy basics and how to configure group policy objects (GPOs) in a domain environment. Finally, the modules describes the role of Active Directory certificate services and certificate usage.
- AD DS Overview
- Deploying Windows Server domain controllers
- Azure AD overview
- Implementing Group Policy
- Active Directory Certificate Services overview
Module 3: Network Infrastructure services in Windows Server
This module describes how to implement core network infrastructure services in Windows Server. The modules covers how to deploy, configure and manage DNS and IPAM. The modules also describes how to use Remote Access Services.
- Deploying and managing DHCP
- Deploying and managing DNS service
- Deploying and managing IPAM
- Remote Access Services in Windows Server
Module 4: File Servers and Storage management in Windows Server
This modules describes how to configure file servers and storage in Windows Server. The module covers file sharing and deployment of Storage Spaces technology. The module describes how to implement data deduplication, iSCSI based storage in Windows Server, and finally, how to deploy DFS.
- Volumes and File Systems in Windows Server
- Implementing sharing in Windows Server
- Implementing Storage Spaces in Windows Server
- Implementing Data Deduplication
- Implementing iSCSI
- Deploying Distributed File System
Module 5: Hyper-V virtualization and containers in Windows Server
This modules describes how to implement and configure Hyper-V VMs and containers. The module covers key features of Hyper-V in Windows Server, describes VM settings, and how to configure VMs in Hyper-V. The module also covers security technologies used with virtualization, such as shielded VMs, Host Guardian Service, admin-trusted and TPM-trusted attestation, and KPS.
- Hyper-V in Windows Server
- Configuring VMs
- Securing virtualization in Windows Server
- Containers in Windows Server
- Overview of Kubernetes
Module 6: High Availablity in Windows Server
This module describes current high availability technologies in Windows Server. The module describes failover clustering and considerations for implementing it, and how to create and configure failover clustering. The module also explains stretch clusters and options for achieving high availability with Hyper-V VMs.
- Planning for failover clustering implementation
- Creating and configuring failover cluster
- Overview of stretch clusters
- High availability and disaster recovery solutions with Hyper-V VMs
Module 7: Disaster recovery in Windows Server
This module desc